Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blog Post 10

What can we learn from Sir Ken Robinson?

This week we were assinged to watch Sir Ken Robinson's video, Bring on the Learning Revolution, and I must say, it was truly inspiring! Such importance is contained in this amazing speech, reminding us on how fast we are moving without giving regard to the qualitative development which is very much needed for mankind. Mr. Robinson speaks on the idea of allowing students to explore and identify their skills, talents, and abilities. I love this thought, because it is too common now a days in society that we do what is "accepted", rather than being and doing what we love. I like his statement on how education should be an organic progress. I like this, because as a student, until recently I have always been conformed to paper and textbooks. I was too scared to write and say what I wanted to. What I have learned from Ken Robinson is to enjoy what you do. My passion is to teach and I believe that I will enjoy it. As a teacher, I will have bigger boundaries than I do as a student. I will be the one to inspire other people, and I'm sure they will inspire me as well.

inspire

2 comments:

  1. Amber,
    I agree 100% that in the world today "we do what is "accepted", rather than being and doing what we love". I hope that as future educators we will be able to encourage and inspire our students to use their talents and skills to the fullest extent. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber,

    I am visiting your blog today as part of EDM 510. This is a great post. Your students will definitely inspire you. And keep finding inspiration from others like Sir Ken Robinson on days when they do not. Feel free to visit me on my blog Anastasia Martin EDM 510 Blog

    ReplyDelete