Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Blog Post #6, PLN

This weeks blog post was about learning and creating a PLN (personal learning network). A personal learning network is an informal learning network that consists of the people a learner interacts with and derives knowledge from in a personal learning environment. In a PLN, a person makes a connection with another person with the specific intent that some type of learning will occur because of that connection. At first it seemed very complicated, but once I started, I was very intrigued. We were given 2 websites that help you create your PLN and get started on using it. I chose, Symbaloo.
PLN


Once I got my account set up, I started adding tiles that I could use for entertainment, school, and things such as travel, weather, etc. Getting set up was the easy part, but figuring out how to connect with other people is still rather confusing. After watching the videos provided, I can see how it will be a helpful teaching tool. I am going to continue to learn and work through my confusion. Hopefully I can get it down and really be able to use it effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment