Friday, February 7, 2014

Project 4, C4T #1

How do we Teach the Complexity of Truth?

This weeks C4T I was assigned to How do we Teach the Complexity of Truth? by Beth Knittle. In her post, she talks about how one mans truth is another man's fiction. In her post she states, "It is one of those funny terms we all know what it means yet we don’t seem to be agree on what is true, just watch the nightly news." She believes that an individual’s reality is different, therefor their ‘truth’ is different. Due to school's lack of time, it is easier for educators to guide us to the most acceptable ideas of the day. In other words, it made those ideas as widely accepted because other view points are not exposed.

My Reply:

Hello, my name is Amber Harris and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in EDM310. EDM310 is a required course for all education majors. It teaches us about new technology that is already in, or will be in schools. In your post, you talk about the complexity of truth. I agree with your post, and also believe that sometimes what is fact isn't always what is true to us. I think schools and teachers are use to teaching the most "acceptable" ideas, rather than expanding opinion. I think teaching opinion rather than fact could get messy at times though. If every teacher taught off of opinion rather than fact, than who would really know what the truth is? I like the way Wikipedia defined truth, in the manner that truth has to have fact. I think that students should have to state opinions in their assignments, but they need a little fact to provide support. Your post was very helpful to me, by making me think outside of the "fact box". If you would like, you can read my blog: Amber Harris or any other students from our class blog: EDM310 I will also be summarizing and replying to this post and posting it to my blog if you would like to read it.


How to Change Education

The first C4T I read was How to Change Education by Beth Knittle. In this post, she focuses on dealing on the changes in curriculum. In her post, she states, "We are still adjusting to the new evaluation system, evidence collection and district and state determined measures of learning progress." Knittle provides a link to a video by Ken Robinson that reminds us that teaching is a form of art, and what is important is where the teacher and student connect to each other.

My Reply:

I really enjoyed your post and i thought the video you linked was very helpful. I'm glad you brought up the topic of new technology in the classroom. I am actually in a class at the the University of South Alabama where we are learning all about the new types of new technology in classrooms. I liked the way he talked about helping your students learn. When i become a teacher i will appreciate these things and take them into consideration.

technology in classrooms

No comments:

Post a Comment